Job : Pact Needs Senior Technical Director for Madagascar
Posting Date : 31 Jan 2013
Applications are invited from the qualified candidates for the post of Senior Technical Director, Primary Health Care Project at Pact. Candidates must be proficient in English and French. Proficiency in Malagasy is an asset. Job location will be based in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide overall technical leadership, including leading the formulation of the project’s strategic approach to improving integrated community-based service delivery and promoting optimal health behaviors.
- Manage and oversee design, implementation, and delivery of all activities targeted at improving availability and quality of services and increasing adoption of healthy behaviors.
- Lead and monitor program quality assurance and improvement activities.
- Oversee technical trainings and mentoring in priority technical areas (community based malaria, family planning, and maternal, newborn, and child health interventions) and supportive supervision.
- Oversee appropriate and behavior change communication approaches informed by research.
- Represent the project to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain ongoing communications with Pact’s home office.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Master’s degree in public health or other relevant degree.
- A minimum of 7 years field experience with large, complex, and integrated public health projects in developing countries; proven experience in the successful implementation of community based malaria, family planning, and maternal, newborn, and child health interventions.
- Demonstrated skills, abilities and experience to provide technical direction for a program of the same scale and complexity, and oversee programming across technical disciplines.
- Proven ability to achieve results relating to availability, access, and quality of primary health care services as well as behavior change communication approaches, to increase the adoption of health behavior in a challenging work environments.
- Strong management, coordination, communication, teamwork and planning skills, with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in English and French; Proficiency in Malagasy is an asset.
- Madagascar experience preferred.
For more information visit this link.