Application Deadline : 24 Feb 2013
World Bank is invites applications from the eligible applicants for the position of Research Analyst. Job location will be based in Sana’a, Yemen. Proficiency in English and Arabic is mandatory for the post.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Independently research and analyze a wide variety of specific economic, financial, country or sector topics and issues for lending, research, and/or policy related tasks.
- Prepare sections of country economic, sector, strategy or research reports involving the analysis, evaluation and, preparation of data, as well as the formulation of conclusions and recommendations.
- Program and modify economic/financial models using existing high-complexity software packages and develops software needed to implement and upgrade models, using a variety of complex languages.
- Write routine reports independently and participate in drafting technical working papers for wider circulation.
- Participate in missions to collect-analyze data as well as exchange information with Government/Private Sector officials.
- Work independently, seeking guidance and instruction on new, unusual or complex assignments.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Master’s degree in Economics/Finance and a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of econometrics and statistical analysis tools used in Bank economic work.
- Ability to interpret and present statistical information.
- Sound understanding of and experience in applying computer languages and software packages used for economic/financial research and analysis.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a must.
For more information visit this link.